Monday, August 21, 2006

ARCH 451

As part of a new experimental initiative under the concept of the Fluid Campus, the studio you are enrolled in (Arch 451 Section 1) will be a "virtual studio”. The studio will be taught via the Internet, with students located in Clemson, South Carolina and the Professor located in Genoa, Italy. In addition to your studio project, the studio assignments will entail discovering and designing means of communication that allow both you and I to successfully communicate, as well as to express your architectural concepts through real-time and other digital means of communication. This will involve the creation of web logs, digital video and voice over IP communication, and digital presentations via websites posted to the WWW. Innovation and problem solving in this digital context will be expected and you will be the founders of establishing of a new form of teaching architecture at Clemson University. While most projects will remain “digital”, analog production will also occur in Clemson in your design studio using the Digital Design Lab. Occasional critique by invited jurors will occur in real-time or via other methods of web communication. Open-source critique will take place via an online web blog on the WWW.

Please stay tuned for further instructions to be communicated via this blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I intend to remain in this studio.

Anonymous said...

i'm in. looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

I plan to stay.

Anonymous said...

I'm in.

Anonymous said...

sounds good, i'm in